Guest Service Agent
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: May 31, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Guest Service Agent
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Guest Service Agent
As a Guest Service Agent (GSA) with our Rooms Division, you will be an important member of a team that creates an atmosphere of exceeding guest expectations, each and every shift. Your role is vital in determining what impression the guest has of our Lodge. You will find success in your role by making business decisions that are focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics for the department.
In this highly visible role, the GSA is responsible for the first and last impression, the check in and check out process, communication of information and delivering authentic hospitality to each and every guest. This includes promoting the lodge and the surrounding areas, promptly following up on guest requests and concerns, using strong and effective communication with all other hotel departments, seeking feedback from guests and exceeding their expectations, whether by wowing them, or when in service recovery.
A successful GSA is a high energy team player who is guest focused. You must be able to work well in a team environment and be self-directed. You must be comfortable speaking to guests and assisting with solving problems with creative solutions. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
In order to be successfully considered for this role you should have guest service experience in a luxury 4-star hotel, be computer literate, have experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook, and be professional in presentation and demeanor. You must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Previous hotel front office experience preferred.
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca