Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: January 04, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Sous Chef
The primary responsibility of the Sous Chef is to offer expertise in the area of Culinary & Stewarding as it relates to all areas within the hotel. This person will provide leadership and management to the culinary and stewarding team members within the property delivering on the service promise and continuity of the culinary team’s activities. In addition, the Sous Chef will work in fostering and developing new partnerships and relationships with suppliers and the community in order to create efficiencies in relation to value and service.
This position requires exceptionally strong collaboration among hotel leadership team members. In addition to this, the Sous Chef must manage internal and external expectations by building strong relationships, communicating issues, conducting reviews and meetings, problem solving, and participating in and leading cross functional hotel assignments.
In order to be successfully considered for this role you will have 5 years of experience as a Sous Chef or strong Chef de Partie with Red Seal or equivalent certification. Multi-portfolio experience is a plus. The ideal candidate will be an innovative, detail oriented, and quality-conscious and an enthusiastic, energetic person who is capable of carrying out all charges in a diversified Resort environment.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca