3rd Pastry Cook
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: February 23, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
3rd Pastry Cook
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a 3rd Pastry Cook
The 3rd Pastry cook will assist in the day to day operation of the pastry department, including the creation of pastries according to our standards, and crafting desserts for restaurants, the café and banquet service. You will safely and appropriately use baking and measuring tools/equipment/appliances to prepare baked foods and follow and ensure compliance with food safety handling policies and procedures, including personal hygiene procedures. Lastly, you will ensure correct temperatures of kitchen appliances and food, and report issues to management.
This is a starter position so any pastry/baking experience, or completion of Culinary and Pastry Art Program is an asset.
Why the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months on continued Full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- Free use of all our resort recreation facilities
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit) Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental death and dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca