Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: February 28, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Chef de Partie
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Chef de Partie
Reporting to sous chef, the CDP will review daily production sheets with the Sous Chef. When required, the CDP delegates the production of the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service, liaises with Front of the House manager as needed and responds to questions in the absence of Sous Chef. The position is responsible for training junior staff and apprentices. Responsibilities also include adherence to standardized recipe and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met, maintains that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standards, ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government food safety guidelines, and responsible for maintaining temperature logs, opening and closing check lists and filing them as per GFS standards.
Previous experience in the culinary field required, along with good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Highly responsible and reliable, has a passion for excellence and raising the bar, and the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment. Diploma certification in a Culinary discipline an asset, and leadership experience preferred.
Why the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- Free use of all our resort recreation facilities
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca