Safety & Security Guard
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: December 15, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Safety & Security Guard
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Safety and Security Guard
We are looking for an excellent team player with strong 4-Star Guest experience to join our Safety and Security Team.
The Safety & Security Guard’s role is to assist the Resort in maintaining the security and safety of all facilities, 1,000+ guests and 300+ employees in three properties, three residence complexes, and one leased public building. The Safety & Security Guard is the designated responder on site to any & all emergencies, working in coordination with other departments and outside agencies to resolve threats to the safety of guests, staff, and visitors within Kananaskis Village. You will be responsible for conducting regular patrols of property and conducting safety/fire inspections, ensuring follow up as required. You will conduct investigations regarding thefts, disturbances, and complete daily reports for management. Enforcing hotel and residence rules and regulations along with providing first aid to guests and employees is critical. You will also participate in fire training sessions as a member of the first response team, and liaise with local police and fire agencies.
In order to be successfully be considered for this role you will possess a valid Advanced First Aid/CPR certificate, a valid Alberta Basic Security License, demonstrate previous security / site safety experience or training, with previous fire training, OH&S experience or training as assets. You will be willing to work afternoon and night shifts, be calm under pressure, and demonstrate assertiveness, honesty, and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, management, and guests.
Why the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- Free use of all our resort recreation facilities including the Summit Spa and Fitness Centre
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca