Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: November 30, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Bell Person
The bell person will enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere of exceeding guest expectations by using your superior guest service skills, combined with your communication and organization abilities to provide a high degree of professionalism and efficiency for all guests and visitors at the resort. You will achieve success in this role by being the first point of contact for our guests, assisting with the loading and unloading of luggage, answering questions, and making suggestions about local amenities and attractions. Furthermore, you will provide valet parking, assist with room deliveries, drive shuttles to local attractions, promptly follow up with guest requests or concerns, and offer personalized services to enhance the guest’s stay, all while providing courteous, professional and attentive service at all times. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
In order to be successfully considered for this role, you will have previous guest relations or bell desk experience, have a professional presentation and demeanor, and be able to demonstrate your commitment to exceeding guests' expecations at all times. Lastly, you must be in possession of a Motor Vehicle Operator's License and be able to drive a standard vehicle.
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Visit us to learn more informationn and to apply at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca